Search This Blog

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Preparing for round 2

I've been trying to drink more water and less coffee so my veins will be ready for my infusion on Tuesday. But I really don't know if its working. My veins are so small as it is... and RA actually shrinks them more. I'm also trying to prepare for my upcoming trip to Nashville (week of Oct.17-21) and then Dallas (Oct. 26-28). I think I should be good for those trips however, I have been really tired lately. So i'm not sure how my body will react with round 2 of Rituxan next tuesday.

A dear friend of mine (she has RA too) has been having numbness and tingling in her legs. I've had these symptoms too. Her Dr said to take Vit. B and potassium. I have been craving baked potatoes lately. I think I may make a trip up to Rite Aid today and get some vit b and calcium. I was talking to John last night about my osteoporosis (which is medicine induced). I prob should start taking calcium again. But, I want a diff pill. the pill i currently have is like a freakin horse pill. ITS HUGE.

One thing that I"ve noticed about how my life has changed is that my day is literally consumed by medical things. Dr. appts, med refills and med bills (ugh).  I hope to GOD that these medical bills dont stop us from being able to buy another house. Im getting very anxious about that. I truly want to move. I feel that this house has aided to my illness. I think there is mold in it. And then there is the fact that I feel totally useless when it comes to house stuff. I'm so tired from working all day and doing the "mom" thing that I can't clean or pick up around here.

Oh well, my Johnnie really helps me in that department. I just feel bad that he even has to bc he works so hard. 60+ hours a week is hard on anyone. and then he comes home and does dishes, laundry.... he is truly amazing. <3..

2 comments:

  1. Hey sweets!! FYI on the Vitamin stuff. I started taking the HIGH dose of VitB-100 complex and just so you know my pee was GLOWING neon green from it. This is normal as your body flushes out what it doesn't use. Which got me thinking that I'm taking too much. My aunt swears by Shaklee products which are a special purest of pure vitamin/supplement. They are pricey but both my Aunt and her daughters SWEAR by them. She is putting together a special formula just for me/my issues and talking with her tonight about it. As I always do, I will keep you posted on that as well. Also...about the Calcium....I actually went to a natural foods store for my vitamins and I got a Calcium Magnesium blend powder to mix in with smoothies that I'm going to start making for breakfast. Maybe look into that instead of the horse pills. But, again...the Shaklee vitamins will probably take place of that as well. Lastly, I completely know what you mean about wanting to move. I swear my house has something to do with my health as well. I moved there and then within the year I had RA. Also, when Devin moved in with me he has had more health issues than ever. So, who knows...could just be stress/lifestyle, etc but you never know. A fresh start is ALWAYS good though. xoxoxo love you my sista from another mista ;) ~KTV

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool. Maybe I'll try Raisin Rack or there's another natural health food store down here too. Thanks sists! <3

    ReplyDelete