Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Dec. 10, 2010

I met with my family dr today. DR SUTTON- YOU ARE WONDERFUL. I always call John after my dr appts. and today, like every other time I meet with Dr Sutton, I said to John "I LOVE HIM". lol  and John always says "Yeah, I know. He's such a nice man". I truly hope that everyone in this world gets to experience a true Dr like John D. Sutton. His compassion, knowledge and his quest for answers always amazes me. We literally talked for 45 mins. We talked about my medications, side effects that I"m experiencing, my mood/mental well being with all of this that's going on. I'm so glad that he is a teacher of future Dr's because I know he instills those bedside manners that are so important in Dr's that we rarely see anymore in today's society. He actually listens to my questions and answers. And if he doesn't know the answer, he will find out!

He also brought up the idea of getting a 2nd opinion from Cleveland Clinic. (See Tina, you were right! And I did listen to you (Tina),  I have been doing some research on them.) But when Dr. Sutton said that he would welcome their opinion, that made me very happy because a good dr would always welcome that. All I have to do is say the word and he will send a request up for me.

We discussed my lack of sleep too. The fact that I'm having to take sleep aids that only last for about 4 hours is not cutting it. So, Ambien it is. Ambien worked very well last time he prescribed it. I just need to sleep. And I don't take any sleep aids when the kids are here because I want to make sure that I'm aware enough to hear them.

We discussed my cholesterol/triglycerides screening that was done in Aug. WAY out of whack. So, we are going to do another in Feb- when I'm off of prednisone. (prednisone really screws up your blood panel)

On another note, my remicade came in the mail yesterday. It's amazing what $1000 a vial gets you... NOT MUCH. WOW. I took a picture. I attached it to this blog today. Take a gander.. no wonder med companies are making a killing off of chronically ill patients. WOW. Anyway, I go for my first infusion on Tuesday- YAY!!!! I'm so excited. I know I should be cautiously optimistic, but I"m so extied! I need the "GO GO JUICE"! ;)

Take care everyone, and have a great weekend! Stay warm, i hear its supposed to get really cold out there!
t

No comments:

Post a Comment