Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Dec. 3, 2010

Hello everyone!

I had one crazy week! Thanksgiving was truly a blessing. Spending time laughing with family was the best. Sunday, when I had our Friends Thanksgiving... it was just as wonderful. I LOVE cooking for all of our friends!! You have no idea how much I enjoy spending time in the kitchen and cooking for all of you.

Mason, Marissa and I started on Saturday night with cooking a 16 pound turkey. We started at 5. Turkey was done at 9 and then I made stock out of what was left for later this winter for turkey noodle soup. YUM-O!!

I woke up on Sunday at 8am and started cooking the 20 pound turkey and preparing all of the sides! I had such a good time! I had the music on, singing and dancing! :) (yes, all by myself! lol) And I took my methotrexate shot.

By the end of the night, I would say about 30 people were here and ate. It was such a great time. By about 7pm I had hit my wall... I was exhausted. Finally fell in the bed around 10pm.

I took Monday off to spend with Marissa and Mason because they didn't have school. They were so excited to go bowling... and then I woke up.  I COULD NOT WALK. The pain in my knees and feet was excutiating, they were swollen and red.  I definitely over did it on Sunday. I was so mad, sad, and in pain that I couldn't walk. Mason, bless his heart kept checking on me every half hour till Marissa woke up. By the time I finally got downstairs (took me about an hour and a half), I thought a hot bath would make me feel better. So, I hopped in the tub and soaked for a while while the kids played the Wii. Now, what happened next was funny and sad at the same time. I was laughing and crying at the same time. I GOT STUCK IN THE TUB!!! I couldn't push myself out because my legs hurt so bad. MARISSA TO THE RESCUE!!!!!!!!!!! I called her in and she helped me get out. Bless her heart... she knew mommy's body was hurting and was so concerned. What a sweetie.
Probably needless to say, but we didn't go bowling on Monday. I tried to drive there but then I was so nauseous. Monday's havne't been good for nausea lately. I think the methotrexate dose is too high. (dr has since dropped the dose a bit.)

Tuesday was a BRAND NEW DAY! I felt soooo much better. I had my karate belt promotion that night. I didn't get my belt bc I have missed so many classes but the sensei told me that I am def a skilled student. :)

Wednesday: John and I went to the Rheumy dr together. I had my bone density scan (which came back normal. but she still put me on an osteoporosis  preventative med) She also gave me a med for days like Monday. I didn't want to increase my prednisone back up. I want to get off that stuff!!! (Which I'm down to 15 mgs now).

Thursday: I drove to Columbus (left about 630am)and heard about a job that I had interviewed for. I didn't get the position but I'm more than ok with the reason that was provided to me. I know that I made quite an impression and look forward to working with that department quite frequently in the upcoming months. So, I will remain in training... and passing on the knowledge of Underwriting. :) I left the office at 6pm and then met up with a friend who has RA too.

My meeting with April (Thursday night)
April has had RA for about 8 years. She has gone through the guinea pig phase of medication (which I'm going through now). It was such a meaningful discussion for me. I learned so much from her. I now know that I have had RA for a LONG TIME. and I mean A LONG TIME. It was funny that when I would start to say something about a symptom, she would finish my sentance!!! she knew EXACTLY what i was going to say! I was amazed. I now know that my knee surgery was from RA. I now know that the "feathers" that we saw in my knee were from RA. Its a condition called chondromalacia.  The cartilage literally peels off in sheets. That's why we saw "feathers" inside my knee hanging down (doesn't help that i've always been a runner). And now I'm missing my IT band on the right side from my surgery.  We also talked a lot about herbs and immune system support. April contracted PML. PML is a deadly virus that attacks extremely low immune systems. It is a deadly virus. She has 3 lesions on her brain and is going through blood transfusions every week to try to rid her body of the virus. Because biological medicine (like Remicade- my new med that I will start in 2 weeks) basically kills the immune system (because that's what causes RA- an over active immune system, in the easiet terms), it leaves the patient wide open for invaders like viruses. Immunity boosters are imperative to fight anything and everything that will try to attack.

Friday (today)
We had a big meeting this morning with the VP of Underwriting. It went VERY well. I left the office around 11:30 and got home at 1:30. (have i ever mentioned that I hate the drive from Columbus to Canton and visa versa?) ;)
So, right now I'm sitting here waiting on John to get home from work. We are going to an organic herb shop tonight to see about some immunity fighting herbs. I need to start it now so I can be ready for my first remicade dose.

THEN ITS DATE NIGHT!!!!!! :) I LOVE DATE NIGHT WITH MY JOHNNIE.

have a nice weekend everyone.. I know I wrote a lot today but there was a lot to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment