Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Jan. 19, 2011

10 days since my last post... I have been experiencing a lot of depression lately. My husband has told me that I'm not the bubbly woman he married. And that saddens me, emensely. I have felt pretty good. I really think the Remicade worked! Too bad I had such a poor reaction to it (blood pressure, headaches, dizzy spells). I felt good enough to play soccer on Saturday night (first time since August)!! AND I went to karate class last night and plan on going tomorrow night.

I have been having anxiety attacks. I went to my family practice (my dr was not in, but I saw a collegue of his) and the dr thought I was having a flare in my ribs and then having the anxiety attack bc I freaked out bc the pain is right by my heart. This is quite possible, but I can tell you that I know anxiety is in there somewhere.

I'm still waiting on my test results from the Cleveland Clinic. I called the old rheumy's office and advised them that I have left their practice and why. I complained to the lady that took my call but I don't know if anyone will hear it. Honestly, I think she may have even put me on speaker phone! I hope the old rheumy heard my complaint, but she probably didn't.

I'm trying a new way of eating too. It's called the "paleo- diet". It basically gets rid of grains. They say that some grains slip through the intestines and bond to certain proteins in our bodies. Then our immune system mistakes those new strange looking proteins for invaders. Then the immune system attacks them. This confuses what is a "real" invader vs what is part of our body. I don't know if I completely believe it, but it sounds good and looks/feels a lot like the atkins diet... soo, what can it hurt?

Also, I've read a lot about red wine calming inflammation in the body. I don't like red wine, but a friend of mine gave me something called "reservatrol". It is all of the good stuff in red wine without the bad. Its in a capsule form, and you take one a day. I started that today too. So now i'm up to 9 pills every morning! YAY!.. lol 

Have a great night.
t

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are having such a bad time right now. How can anyone in chronic pain be bubbly?

    ReplyDelete