Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Dec. 7, 2010

 Larry, Curly and Mo decided to pop by for a visit this week... And by that I mean The insurance company, the prescription company and my Arthritis dr office. I have literally had to call every day about my Remicade prescription getting approved and sent so I can get it before the end of the year. The Dr office said they have done everything they were supposed to do, the insurance company says they  have done everything they were supposed to do and the prescription company says they are waiting on prior approvals from both. UGH... SO FRUSTRATED!

I have decided to seek out a mental health practiononer for my trying to deal with this diagnosis. I'm going to try hypnotherapy. Being a student of psychology, I understand how much your body takes from your mind and can really screw you up. I have been dealing with A LOT of stress this year, job, family, health and I believe it all plays on one another. Of course the hypnotherapist is not in network for insurance, so thats just another out of pocket expense. Oh well. I think it will be well worth the money.

We are going to look at hot tubs tomorrow night. I'm so thankful for John. He truly is trying to help me. Yes, he has bonehead moments but the good outweigh the bad. I just need to keep reminding myself of that. He is such a good supporter, father, friend. I dont know where I would be without him.

Marissa and Mason are counting down the days till Christmas! I can't wait to tell them about Disney! We are taping our "Mission Impossible" scenario this week (prob thurs or fri night). John and I are dressing up in all black- turtlenecks, glasses and moustaches. he will be agent J and me agt T. We will have the mission impossible music playing behind us. We will tell the kids about a TOP SECRET mission. We will show them an airplane as their first mode of transportation. Then the disney cruise ship as the second. Then they will have to travel to far away lands and go through the jungle (Atlantis in the bahammas).After that portion of the mission, we will meet our contacts (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald) for further instructions. If they choose to accept this mission, it will begin on March 24, 2011!  We are burn a CD of this tape and then wrap it in about 6 boxes (one inside the next). and then they get to watch it. I'M SO PUMPED!!!!!!!!!

I'm very excited about starting the Remicade. I learned some things about my immune system this week too. I don't want to pump it up while on medication. Which actually makes sense since my immune system is the problem. I need it to get down so we can manage my RA. BUT that does mean that I will be more susceptible to illness and infections. Antibacterial lotion, santizer, neosporin and bandaids will be my friend moving forward. Oh, just an update... my prednisone is still at 15 mgs a day but my appetite is lessening. :) YAY! Still have the water weight and the "moon face" and the camel hump at the base of my neck but hey, improvement is improvement. :)  Still on the methotrexate,, thats not going anywhere but i did drop the dose to 60cc's and i'm feeling better. no nausea yesterday! YAY

Take care everyone and have a great rest of the week!
t

No comments:

Post a Comment